Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas craft

If I was on top of things this year, I would have posted this before Christmas in case anyone needed any last minute craft ideas. Unfortunately, I pretty much completed everything last minute this year! I thought I would share a really easy craft that can be done with glass blocks. I bought the glass blocks at Hobby Lobby, but I'm sure other craft stores would have them as well. They aren't very expensive and can be used so many ways! I gave 2 away as gifts...sponge paint the glass blocks. Allow to dry. then use a stencil to paint on a monogram letter. Finally, add ribbon and ta da!!! project complete. There is an opening at the bottom so that a light can be inserted if you choose. I bought myself a glass block & have used it like a shadow box. I put a picture from our wedding inside, along with sand and shells from our destination wedding.

Visit this blog for a really cool picture of how pictures & lighting can be used with the glass block. Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Christmas!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...