Sunday, June 6, 2010

diaper cake

Yesterday was my Jenny's baby shower. I had a blast getting things ready for it & being a little crafty in the process! My favorite thing to do was make her diaper cake. It wasn't hard to do & is a very cute way to give someone diapers. The first thing you need to do is roll up all the diapers and secrure with a small clear hair tie. I used about 60-65 diapers (size 1) for this cake. Put a bottle in the middle to help add stability to the cake. (I filled mine with a sweet treat!). Secure all the diapers together with a rubber band or thin metal wire. Add a couple more layers & decorate with ribbon. I used double-sided tape to help the ribbons stay together.

Decorate your cake with stuffed animals, blankets, or any other little gift you want to attach.

and Voila! the diaper cake is complete!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved my cake so much. It will stay up in Tyler's room untill I need the diapers! My shower was awesome and I loved everything. Thank you again so much! Love you

Angela said...

What did you do for invitations? I'm looking at my options and they're expensive :/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...