Monday, July 12, 2010

Bird poo equals Good luck !?!

It has been a lucky couple of days! It all started yesterday when my husband & I spent a couple hours at Bass Pro for a members only triple points night. Included were some yummy non-alcoholic margaritas & some drawings for prizes. The prize we both wanted the most was the fire pit. It was the first drawing and alas, our name was not called. As time went on the first guy did not come to claim the fire pit. so there was a second drawing. They called "Richard....blah blah blah." Some other last name. We got our hopes up but were disappointed again. BUT--still nobody came to claim the prize. They drew a THIRD time for the fire pit. We hear "Richard H...."---that was us!! WE WON!! We never with anything! We were both grinning ear-to-ear! Our luck continued as we went to check out with our 2 purchases. The cashier made a mistake in ringing us up. We mentioned the error and she said "I won't tell if you won't tell." Well OKAY! Saved us 30 bucks! On our way home we were feeling so lucky that we bought a Powerball ticket. Who knows...we may be millionaires by this time next week :) I know you are still wondering what bird poo has to do with all this. {right!?} Well today, I was getting in my car after seeing a client and I felt something wet on my hand. Looked at my hand then my window to discover the poo. I was disgusted! I sent my husband a text about this & he informs me this is good luck. I am thinking that must be what people say to make themselves feel better after they have been pooped on. But I went home and Google'd it. Sure enough, it does seem to be some sort of supersition about birds pooping on you meaning good luck. I guess I'll take it! Maybe our luck is turning around after all!

This is a bad picture, but it is the fire pit we won!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...