I decided to take a break from virtual farming yesterday (yes, I have been known to play the FarmTown & Farmville games a tad too much) to do some actual farming. Planting a garden was something Rick & I have wanted to do for a couple years now. He finally got the project going this year and I hate to admit I have not helped him near as much as I should have! But I did help with some weeding yesterday. The garden is by no means picture perfect but it has been a learning experience. We had TONS of rain right after we planted our seeds and since we did not know to build up little mounds of dirt to plant in, most of our seeds rotted out. Rick then purchased some plants to give us a head start on growth and we again had MORE massive amounts of rain. Then the grass started growing back & it got a bit out of control. We lost a lot of what was planted, but through it all we have picked several cucumbers & squash already. I posted some pictures of some things currently on the vine.... Jason & Rick checking out the garden layout
Serving 16 Sweet 16 Tennis Club Party
-
Sweet 16 tennis party with pink and green decor, poolside backdrop, custom
treats, and stylish Serving 16 party details.
The post Serving 16 Sweet 16 Ten...
3 months ago


1 comments:
I am impressed, Amy and Rick! The eggplant is lovely. What did you make with it? This sure beats my tiny 3x4 foot plot in our Brookside backyard!
Post a Comment