I started acupuncture back up yesterday. And so thankful I did! I have had a painful shin splint in my right leg ever since I ran my 5k on 9/17. Last night after acupuncture the pain almost felt worse. Then today....pretty much gone! I am a firm believer in the healing power of Chinese medicine. Anyway, I started with a new doctor yesterday. I had been feeling very stressed by my old doctor as she did not agree with my choice to pursue IVF. I was also scolded for not following her diet plan as strictly as I should have. Well feeling stressed is the opposite of what acupuncture should do! So I switched providers. So happy I am back at it! My new doc used a mineral heat lamp over my stomach while the needles were in and that felt nice. In addition, I am wearing 3 ear seeds.
These are tiny little hard seeds under the adhesive tape so I can perform acupressure at home. It is believed that pushing on the seeds 3 times a day (30 seconds each in a pulsing motion) can help extend the effects of the stimulated acupuncture points. (my ear is kind of red in this pic because I just did acupressure). The points I am stimulating are for stress, uterus, and spleen qi deficiency. I will have new ear seeds placed when I return for my next session on Monday. I will continue to attend acupuncture regularly from now until our egg retrieval & transfer mid-November. Acupuncture will help my body heal and get good blood flow to my uterus in order to have a better chance for a healthy pregnancy in November.


0 comments:
Post a Comment