and ran a 5k!!!!! The run was yesterday morning & my legs are still so sore but it was SO worth it! My goal was to jog/run the whole thing without having to stop and walk. I met my goal! Not only that, I shaved a little over 2 minutes off my fastest treadmill time of 36 minutes. I finished with a time of 33 minutes 48 seconds. My personal best! Rick & Joy also finished with personal records. I finished 9th out of 29 in my age group. It was so fun to run with my husband, my brother, & one of my best friends. I am not an athletic person nor am I very competitive. But when I finished the run I was just beaming from the inside out knowing I actually did it. It was an amazing feeling & something I want to do again soon!
Here is our team (the TigerHawks= 2 MU fans & 2 KU fans) before the run....
The gang after the run. We are all still standing & smiling!
My bro who ran in memory of his best friend
LOVE this picture of Rick. It totally captures how I was feeling as I crossed that finish line!
Couch to 5k....CHECK! cross one thing off my list:)



2 comments:
Way to go!! I'm going into Week 2 of the C25K program. Week 2 should have been last week, but with my in-laws here, I got off track. I should have started Week 2 Day 1 today but I couldn't motivate myself. Darn! Well, I guess I still could tonight after work....
Congrats on the run. Maybe I'll be there someday!
This is great, Amy! Growing up I always said I hated running, but now I get it and even enjoy it. Someday I want to try a triathlon, but first I need to get a bike!
Post a Comment