Friday, January 4, 2013

My new addiction

We decided to use cloth diapers with Hudson before he was born.  It was an easy decision for us as we knew it would be better for the environment, save money, and keep the plastic chemicals off our baby's bum.  Many of our diapers are one size---meaning they will fit your child as he/she grows from approximately 7 pounds to 35 pounds.  I started with only these diapers thinking as soon as Hudson was born and we were home from hospital I could start using them.   Hudson weighed 7 pounds 3 ounces when he was born so this seemed like it would work.  Until I realized I could not get a good fit around his skinny little legs & that the diapers would be SO bulky on a newborn.  So we waited. And waited.  We used disposable diapers for about the first 2 1/2 months.  At that time I purchased a few small size diapers.  Once we started using the cloth diapers in October, we haven't looked back!  I wash diapers every other day and it really isn't that bad.  Our current stash includes diapers by bumGenius, FuzziBunz, and GroVia along with some prefolds & covers.    I find myself wanting to buy more!  Not because I really NEED anymore, I just want more fun colors & patterns!!   So maybe this technically won't save me money;)

Here is some of our diaper stash....


I am so glad we made the decision to use cloth!

2 comments:

Jamie and Dan said...

Yay for cloth!

Jamie and Dan said...

Yay for Cloth diapering!! I think overall I am still saving money but I can relate. But the number one thing is think how many diapers you are NOT throwing in landfills to be there for hundreds or years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...