Baby Mia is 1 week new today. Can't believe she is here and so perfect. Amelia Lucille was born on Fri. 4/10 at 12:51 am...just 51 min shy of being born on her due date. She weighed 7 lb 6 oz and was 19 inches long.
I worked a few hours on Thursday. I wasn't feeling great and was having contractions off and on. I went home and took a nap before picking Hudson up from daycare. At that point Rick informed me that he was surprising me with a massage. He made an appt for 6 pm. While the gesture was very sweet I felt awful because I knew I didn't feel well enough to want to be on a massage table. Shortly after that Rick came home from work and my contractions were regular enough that I could start timing. We arrived at the hospital about 5:30 pm. I was dilated to a 4. I was admitted and nurses guessed I would have a baby within 4 hours as this wasn't my first baby. My plan was to labor and deliver with no epidural like I did with Hudson. However that did not happen. I was having horrible back labor. The back pain was not easing up between contractions. With Hudson I spent a lot of time in the tub during labor but this time I had lots of bleeding and didn't want to be in the water that way. After a few hours I was only dilated to 5 and constantly shaking. I decided to throw in the towel and ask for the epidural. I felt guilty at first but in the end it was the right decision. I am thankful it did not lead to any complications or further interventions. It was amazing how I relaxed and quit shaking. You could see on the monitor that I was contracting but I couldn't feel a thing! My water finally broke when I was dilated to 8 and things moved pretty quickly after that. There was some meconium in the fluid so extra docs would be coming for Mia in case she was having difficulty breathing. When I was fully dilated I started feeling some pain during contractions. When I felt the pressure to push the doctor and delivery staff came in it was go time! I only pushed maybe 15 minutes. About 4 groups of 3 pushes each time. And baby Mia was here. Rick and I cried happy tears as our family of 4 was complete.
Hudson wasn't too sure what to think when he visited us in the hospital but he has been great since we came home. He always wants to hold and kiss his baby sister. It's the best thing in the world to see my 2 babies together.


0 comments:
Post a Comment