I took a jewelry class today to learn how to solder metal charms. The class cost $40 which was a little more than I had wanted to spend, but 4 charms were included in the price so I caved in. It was so fun. And easy!! Add soldering to my list of creative addictions. I bought a kit with the supplies to make my own at home. I plan to make more & attempt to sell them when I one day start my jewelry website. The glass frames come in various sizes/shapes. Pictures of people or any kind of scrapbook collage can be turned into a charm. Anyway, the whole point of taking the class was to make some memory charms. The one of my parents will be tied to my bouquet at the wedding as one of the ways I am honoring them & keeping them near to me on my special day. I thought maybe Rick could put the one of his mom in his pocket perhaps. Sorry the pictures aren't the best. The frames are not perfectly smooth but I think it adds to the character! The last pic is of a "bubble" charm I made with my initial inside. I can't wait to make some more!!
1989 Taylor Swift Inspired Birthday Party
-
Celebrate with a 1989 Taylor Swift inspired birthday party blending
beach-blue details, New York City style, shimmer decor and themed desserts.
The post ...
7 hours ago


4 comments:
Amy, those are really cool!!
Those are wonderful. What a great way to have your parents with you on your wedding day.
Hey Amy, I left you a little blog award over at my blog.
Have a great week!
those are wonderful! Please let me know when you start making them to sell... I will be wanting to order :)
Post a Comment