Monday, March 29, 2010

** Acupuncture!! **

I went for my acupuncture consultation on Friday. The doctor was AWESOME. She was so sincere & interested in helping me. Not only me, but Rick as well. He has insomnia & she thinks just a few treatments would help him tremendously. Anyway, after looking over my patient history form, she checks my pulse & my tongue. {weird, right?!} That is the Chinese medicine equivalent of checking your blood pressure, etc. After talking for a long time about dietary changes (no caffiene, alcohol, or dairy) & lifestyle changes (no jogging) she offered to start my acupuncture treatment that day. I layed on my back & had a total of 20 needles on my head, wrist, stomach & legs. I layed there for about 25 minutes. Then I turned over to lay on my stomach & had 13 more needles inserted. Kept those in for about 15 minutes. The needles are about the size of a strand of hair (or so I'm told). I only felt a couple of them go in & it was just a quick prick & that was it!

My problem seems to be with blood stagnation (poor circulation) and kidney function. I will go for acupuncture twice a week for a month then to once a week for a month. I'm also on some supplements & supposed to eat more protein & warm vegetables.

Day 2 tomorrow. Cannot wait!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Why no dairy? And why no jogging? This is very interesting! Can't wait to hear more!

amy said...

I was told that jogging decreases egg quality. And since we are trying to conceive we want good eggs! Walking is fine, just no jogging. The dairy I found very interesting...dairy increases mucus. which I knew, in my work I recommend that kids with lots of ear infections go off dairy to decrease ear infections. Apparently dairy also increases mucous around the sperm & eggs. This makes them too slippery so the sperm cannot penetrate the egg.

Ashley Hankins said...

Very interesting stuff. I'm glad I found your blog. Didn't know you were trying to get pregnant. I'm sure it will happen sooner than you think! For me though..I thikn I'll increase my dairy intake! Ha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...