Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Breathing a sigh of relief

This has been one of the most tense & stressful weeks of my entire life. I went in Monday for what I thought would be a routine ultrasound to see how my ovarian follicles were looking in attempts to find out why hubby and I are having trouble conceiving. We were shocked to learn that I have several VERY large cysts on each ovary. So big in fact that the doctor couldn't even see my ovaries on the ultrasound screen. We were told this is probably why we have not been able to get pregnant. The doctor feels that most likely the cysts are "cystadenomas." However, there was a small chance the cysts could be "precancerous" in which case I would have to have a hysterectomy. NOT the news I expected to hear. Yes, I know there is always adoption. Adoption is something Rick & I plan to pursue in the future anyway. But when you dream of being pregnant for the last 15 years the thought of that not being a possibility is devastating. I had a CT scan yesterday so the doctor could get a better look at the cysts.

Well after holding my breath for 2 days I found out today that my bloodwork was NORMAL!! I meet with my doctor tomorrow to get more definites about treatment options. likely surgery. But I am breathing much easier knowing that having a baby should still be a possibility.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Oh my goodness. I am so glad to hear that your tests came back normal. How terrifying! Please keep me updated on whats going on.

Mayoroffun said...

I am really glad to hear this Amy. I was really worried after I read your email this week. I know you and Rick will be great parents. It will be a lucky child that gets to be you alls kiddo.

amy said...

thanks Angela & Bill!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...