Thursday, April 28, 2011

another TTC update

As we approach the 2 year mark of trying to grow our family, we still wait to be blessed with a little one.  I tried clomid this month.  Clomid is a drug to stimulate ovulation.  It worked in that I had 3 mature egg follicles.  So I was given a trigger shot to make my body ovulate.  The downside is that my ultrasound this week showed my tubes are filled back up with fluid:(  So its not likely that my eggs will make it where they need to go.  But I am praying one of the three can make it!  If this month is not a success then we face the decision of IVF (in vitro) or adoption.  Initially, I was leaning towards adoption.  We wanted to go the foster-adopt route.  But after research and talking with a few people, I learned it is not as likely to be placed with an infant.  And if you are, the state tries to work things out with the birth family for at least a year.  I just do not think I have it in me emotionally to bond and take care of a child for that long and not know if they will stay or go back to their birth family.   So then I researched private infant adoption.  It's expensive!  And we have to wait for a birth mom to choose us.  IVF is expensive too!  Unfortunately, my state does not have mandatory infertility insurance coverage. 

After talking with Rick about his thoughts and wishes, we are going to go for IVF.  We will have to scrape together 12-15k.  Sounds crazy right!?  But I will do it if that means I can be a mommy.

1 comments:

Ashley and Taylor said...

Amy, I'm sorry to hear this. I will continue to be praying for you and Rick and believing that something good is going to happen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...