Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy (late!) Valentine's Day

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!  Rick had to work late yesterday, so I cooked HIM dinner and bought flowers for HIM !  What a great wife :)  Tonight he made our traditional V-day dinner...steak, lobster, stuffed mushrooms, and twice baked potato.  double YUM !!
Yesterday was also special because I had a doctor appointment & was able to hear Bean again.  LOVE that sound.  The heart rate was about 150.  I was finally to happy have a number.  I could have waited until next week to see the doc, but I was just feeling paranoid that something could be wrong.  Just wanted to set my mind at ease.  And even though today's visit was very brief, I had a much better vibe from the OB.  He was on board with having as natural a birth as I wanted & did not have a problem when I mentioned possibly wanting a doula in the room.  So I feel MUCH better this time.  I go back March 13th.  I will have an ultrasound that day & hopefully we will find out baby bean's gender!  A few people have guessed girl, but the majority of votes are boy.  One more month & we will know!

I have seen this cartoon on several other IVF blogs that I follow.  So excited that it is my turn to use it:)

2 comments:

Ashley and Taylor said...

that comic is so cute! So happy to hear you might use a doula. We're really happy with our choice to use one so far and I know we definitely will be in the end. One book she recommended to me that I have been going through is called "The Birth Book" by Dr. William Sears and Martha Sears. It's really good stuff! My doula actually told me to stay away from the "What to Expect Series" because it pretty much tells you everything that could go wrong and just ends up freaking you out most of the time. The Birth Book is really informative about all the birth options you have, medications during labor, what to expect in labor, and how to get yourself ready beforehand. It also has some pregnancy stuff in there. Highly recommend!

amy said...

thanks! I will definitely check out that book

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...