Friday, February 10, 2012

Hellooooo 2nd trimester!

STATS: 14 weeks

How far along: 14 weeks exactly
How big is baby: He/She is about the size of a small lemon: 3 1/2 inches long.

Weight Gain:  Haven't weighed myself since last doc appt. That was 10 days ago & I had gained 5 pounds.

Maternity clothes: I am not needing to wear maternity clothing quite yet, but lots of my shirts are getting tight.  I do have to wear my jeans unbuttoned (held together with a rubber band or using a bella band).  I was able to borrow a few maternity items from my sister-in-law and a friend....thanks guys!!!

Sleep: It is a rare occasion right now when I get a good night's sleep.  You would think an expectant mom should be resting up as much as possible to prepare for sleepless nights with a newborn.  But oh no!  I'm either waking up to pee or just waking up for no reason.  I normally can fall back asleep right away, but now I might just lie there for an hour or so wide away.  Then this cycle repeats an hour or two later.  This week I have had a cold, so that is only making it harder to sleep than usual!

Best moment of the week: Making it to the 2nd trimester!

Food cravings: nothing really this week.  just soup and apple juice when I was sick!

Food aversions: I still have a hard time looking at raw meat.  After throwing up chicken wings last weekend, I definitely do not want anything spicy any time soon!

Symptoms: The nausea is getting much better and isn't around often.  However, I will get sick if I let myself get too hungry.  This seems to happen mostly when I first wake up in the morning.  So I am trying to eat more snacks when I wake up at night, even if I don't feel hungry at that time.  I have also started noticing round ligament pain, especially when I cough, sneeze, or roll on my side too fast.  It is normal because the ligaments in that area growing and stretching to prepare for baby.

Baby Movement: the baby is now moving around a lot but I won't feel it for another month or so.  I can't wait!

Gender:  we do not know yet :)

What I’m looking forward to: hearing the heartbeat again; finding out the gender in March (hopefully!)

What I miss: sleeping through the night!

Next appt:  Tuesday, Feb 21st

What is baby doing this week?:  Hair is starting to grow on baby's head.  The head is now in better proportion to body size.  Baby can now make facial gestures such as grimacing and squinting. Baby is starting to develop the ability to move his/her eyes, but the eyelids will stay fused for another three months.  Baby can now grasp at things and suck their thumb!


And now...my 14 week belly pic.  Can't wait until I look pregnant and not just fat!

2 comments:

Guiri de California said...

Congrats on entering the second trimester...enjoy it because the third one is going to be a doozy. :)

Angela said...

Congrats on the second trimester. :) I'm still so very excited for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...