Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I heard the bean!

I had an appointment with my new OB today. He was ok. Will have to see if I have warmed up to him anymore at my next anointment in 3 weeks. He is the head of the midwife group. I am really interested in working with the midwives as well. Just not sure how to bring it up as I don't want to offend anyone. My IVF specialist wanted me to see this OB as he deals with higher risk patients; he wants me to be monitored more than a "typical" pregnancy. The best part of today was listening to the bean's heartbeat! I was so sad that Rick could not get away from work to hear it with me. People have asked me what the heart rate was...and I have NO idea! For some reason each time I am seen, I ask what the heart rate is. I am told it sounds normal and fine so rate doesn't matter. Guess it is not a big deal in this practice, but I want to know! I will be more persistent next time:).

2 comments:

Ashley and Taylor said...

I'm so excited for you! Hearing the heartbeat every time is still a relief. Did you get to see the baby moving around at all on the ultrasound? I heard they sleep something like 23 hours a day but I find that hard to believe.

Kristin said...

<3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...