Tuesday, January 17, 2012

what a week

This has been a long stressful week and unfortunately, it's only going to get worse:(  To start things off, morning sickness has been worse every week almost.  I threw up several times over the weekend.  While it is not a pleasant feeling, the sickness is for a good cause.  The worst part of the week has been the worsening of our sweet lab Libby.  She has been battling cancer for over a year now.  The vet recently admitted he thought she would have only survived 2-3 months and it has been 13 months. So we were definitely blessed with extra time with Libby.  She went in for a check-up Monday evening.  She has lost 14 pounds since our last visit and is down to 40 pounds.  She has lost all of her muscle mass & has difficulty getting up off the floor sometimes.  Our vet said she is pretty much starting to starve to death and that is not a pleasant way to go.  So....we are spending our last couple days with the sweet girl who never complains.  We will say our final goodbyes on Thursday and then bury her at the family lake house.  She loved the water and swimming.  We couldn't think of a more perfect spot for her final resting place. 

4 comments:

Angela said...

Oh poor Libby. This made me cry. I hope you enjoy your last few days with your sweet girl.

Ngan {eNVe Designs} said...

Oh my gosh, Amy.. I'm just doing some catching up with blogs and wow, you are going through so much!!!! I'm so excited for your little miracle! The nausea should be going away in the 2nd trimester so hang in there (which I know you are doing phenomenally). And so sorry to hear about Libby. I'm sure she feels just as blessed to have had her time with you. Best of luck with all the thrilling times you have ahead! *hugs*

Jen said...

Oh, my heart breaks for your sweet Libby. Libby and your family will remain in my thoughts. Dogs are such very special family members. Enjoy your time together.

Guiri de California said...

Losing a pet is so hard-they are like family. So sorry. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...