Hope everyone had a safe & fun New Year's Eve. Rick & I were both in bed by 11:30. I was kind of awake at midnight listening to all the fireworks going off in the neighborhood. Today has been a very lazy day. Lots of stuff to do around the house as usual but just haven't felt up to much today. I was looking at my New Years post from last year (click here). Looking over my goals & contemplating what to work on this year...
my 2011 goals
*I am going to continue my efforts to learn to sew & keep my desk area organized. have gotten better at sewing simple things such as the texture blankets I had been making. I think my desk area will be a continual challenge!
*We have a list of 5 more bills that must be paid off this year (minimum! the more the better!). COMPLETE!
*If we are not pregnant by this summer then we plan to begin the adoption process. Possibly IVF but probably not. COMPLETE!
*I want to make 2 new meals per month (healthier organic meals). hope to enlist my sister Amanda & friend Bridgette in some long distance meal planning so we can try out new recipes.
*continue my efforts to be more consistent at going to they gym I would say Complete as I did work out more often while I was not restricted due to IVF. Ran my first 5k in September!
*finish bathroom remodel at the lake COMPLETE!
*make time for a small vacation/trip with my husband. we go to the lake or various places alone but don't travel to many new places together. He would love to visit New Orleans but I don't think that will be in our 2011 budget
*think of a new blog name. after a year-and-a-half we are definitely not newlyweds anymore!! COMPLETE!
*We have a list of 5 more bills that must be paid off this year (minimum! the more the better!). COMPLETE!
*If we are not pregnant by this summer then we plan to begin the adoption process. Possibly IVF but probably not. COMPLETE!
*I want to make 2 new meals per month (healthier organic meals). hope to enlist my sister Amanda & friend Bridgette in some long distance meal planning so we can try out new recipes.
*continue my efforts to be more consistent at going to they gym I would say Complete as I did work out more often while I was not restricted due to IVF. Ran my first 5k in September!
*finish bathroom remodel at the lake COMPLETE!
*make time for a small vacation/trip with my husband. we go to the lake or various places alone but don't travel to many new places together. He would love to visit New Orleans but I don't think that will be in our 2011 budget
*think of a new blog name. after a year-and-a-half we are definitely not newlyweds anymore!! COMPLETE!
Okay so not bad I suppose, met 5 out of 8 goals. So here are some goals for the upcoming year......
1. Continue to learn about sewing. I would like to make some simple camera strap covers & camera cases this year.
2. Again try to make more healthy organic new recipes.
3. Complete second bathroom remodel at lake house.
4. Would love to paint kitchen & get new counter top & backsplash (if we can fit that in our budget with paying off bills & buying needed baby items)
5. Work with Rick on getting in better shape. He wants to run another 5k for sure. I would love to do another one if possible after the baby comes.


3 comments:
Hey,you did pretty well on last year's goals! Happy New Year to you, and I pray that all our babies are born healthy in 2012. :)
Happy new year from the Fosters. I am running the rock the parkway half. I hope Rick plans to run the 5k that weekend too. :)
Congrats on a great job meeting so many of last year's goals. I wish you all the best in 2012.
Happy New Year to you all as well!
Rick is planning to run the Rock the Parkway 5k. we will see ya there Lyns!
Post a Comment