Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy 2011 !!

Hard to believe 2010 is in the past & 2011 is here! I have spent the first 2 days of the new year doing some much needed relaxing. I just re-read my goals for 2010 & thought I would update on how they went....
1. Learn how to use my mom's old sewing machine ...I had one sewing lesson with a friend....sewing machine got stuck in reverse....bought a new sewing machine on black friday....i have read the instructions but machine still sits in the box :)
2. Keep my work papers & desk area organized ....desk looked good for awhile but is currently back in a state of chaos
3. Devote more time to learning about photography ...I did learn some new things on Photoshop, however I'm not at a place where I feel like I could charge for my work just yet
4. Pay off at least 3 credit cards/small bills ....I'm proud to say that we paid off 9 bills and got new carpet on our stairs !! We have made a list of several more things we want paid off this year in addition to putting in a new bathroom at the lake house.
5. Do a better job at relaxing & not stressing about trying to get pregnant. ...this is off & on for me. I had my CT scan, first surgery, and first HSG test in 2010. All in hopes that I am able to become pregnant. I have the green light to start trying again, so we will see if 2011 brings us our miracle!

As far as goals for 2011....
*I am going to continue my efforts to learn to sew & keep my desk area organized.
*We have a list of 5 more bills that must be paid off this year (minimum! the more the better!).
*If we are not pregnant by this summer then we plan to begin the adoption process. Possibly IVF but probably not.
*I want to make 2 new meals per month (healthier organic meals). hope to enlist my sister Amanda & friend Bridgette in some long distance meal planning so we can try out new recipes.
*continue my efforts to be more consistent at going to they gym
*finish bathroom remodel at the lake
*make time for a small vacation/trip with my husband. we go to the lake or various places alone but don't travel to many new places together. He would love to visit New Orleans but I don't think that will be in our 2011 budget
*think of a new blog name. after a year-and-a-half we are definitely not newlyweds anymore!!

for now that is all. I'm sure I will think of many other goals as the year progresses. What are your goals/resolutions? Good luck & have a happy & healthy new year!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...