Monday, December 22, 2008

the holidays

Christmas is fast-approaching. Can't believe it is only a few days away. Things are going along almost like normal...the shopping, wrapping gifts, preparing for family dinners. Yet every now and then I pause to reflect on the fact that this is the first Christmas without both Mom & Dad. I don't think it hit me as much last year with Dad gone because I kept so focused on my Mom & her health. But now they are both gone. And sometimes it still doesn't even feel real. And I miss them both so much. But I know they both would want us to keep going on with life. So even though I don't always feel very jolly I have kept the Christmas spirit in my heart this year. Rick & I are in the process of starting our new lives together. It's the perfect time to start some new traditions I feel. And while the family will still be together & celebrating this year, we will not forget the two people who raised us to be the adults we are & taught us the meaning of Christmas.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...