Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanksgiving recap

Rick & I hosted our first Thanksgiving meal this year. We usually celebrate at my Grandpa's house but celebrating without my Mom this year was just too hard for him. So he went to the casino & I decided to start my own tradition. Rick was in charge of the turkey & it was AMAZING. We used the oven bags....I highly recommend them. Turkey was so moist & juicy. My sister & her boyfriend came over along with our friend Charlie, his girls and his brother. After dinner we played Life & Wii. It was a good time despite the sadness that is so present this holiday season.
The next morning I went Black Friday shopping with Jenny for the first time. I was nervous about getting up so early. We left the house at 3am to head to Kohl's. I had a blast though. I know energy drinks are not good for you, but I'm a huge fan of the Monster Mean Bean coffee drink & it helped me stay awake during the early morning shopping!!
Here are some pics....

Pretending like I don't even know how to make Stove Top stuffing.

The chocolate fountain was a huge hit.
Rick injecting our turkey with cajun butter.
I always loved my Mom's deviled egg plate. Now I have it :(

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...