Wednesday, April 14, 2010

2 years...

Has it really been 2 years?!? Two years since my mom passed away. My sister said it best...."Everyday I think about you, I'm always reminded of you, I see flowers and I think of you...I see a Pepsi and I think of you...I look at my poofy hair and I think of you..I see a pug and I think of you...but today is a day that I dont want to think of." I haven't cried about it in a long time. But while driving today the song "Just Breathe" by Pearl Jam came on the radio. I love that song. And today I sang it loud & cried while doing it. It felt good. "Just Breathe" by Pearl Jam-
Yes, I understand that every life must end, aw-huh,.. As we sit alone, I know someday we must go, aw-huh,.. Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the ones I love,..

Some folks just have one, yeah, others, they've got none, huh-uh Stay with me,.. Let's just breathe. Practiced are my sins, never gonna let me win, aw-huh,.. Under everything, just another human being, aw-huh,..

Yeh, I don't wanna hurt, there's so much in this world to make me bleed. Stay with me,.. You're all I see.

Did I say that I need you? Did I say that I want you? Oh, if I didn't I'm a fool you see,..

No one knows this more than me. As I come clean. I wonder everyday as I look upon your face, aw-huh,..

Everything you gave And nothing you would take, aw huh,.. Nothing you would take Everything you gave...

Did I say that I need you? Oh, did I say that I want you? Oh, if I didn't I'm a fool you see,.. No one knows this more than me. As I come clean, ah-ah...

Nothing you would take,.. Everything you gave. Hold me till I die,.. Meet you on the other side.

This is how I spent my lunch break today...taking new flowers to the cemetary. Not how I ever thought I would be visiting my parents so soon in life. I would give anything for just one more day. One more hug. One more time so see my mommy cancer-free and happy.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...