Tuesday, April 6, 2010

buffalo steak & purple potatoes

Yes, you read that correctly....PURPLE potatoes! In an effort to eat healthier, Rick & I went to Whole Foods to purchase some more organic products. We decided to try some buffalo (free roaming, no horomone injections). Then we came across purple potatoes. Neither of us had heard of them before & decided to give them a try just for the fact that they looked cool (and purple!). The dinner was so delicious! So I did some google research & discovered that purple potatoes are 3 times higher in antioxidants than regular tan potatoes, perhaps even more than spinach, brussel sprouts or blueberries! Especially if you leave the skins on (which we did). So just an FYI that potatoes are not only tasty, but healthy too!

3 comments:

Angela said...

I've never heard of purple potatoes before! I think I'll have to venture out to find some!

Ashley Hankins said...

Wow!! I think I've been up and down every aisle at Whole Foods and never seen these. Was the flavor any different?

amy said...

I have read they are supposed to taste a little sweeter but they tasted like regular mashed potatoes to me! We even used rice milk instead of cow milk & I think they still tasted great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...