Monday, July 16, 2012

36 weeks

How far along: 36 weeks 3 days
How big is baby:  Bean is around the size of a bowling ball and weighs about 6 pounds and is about 18 1/2 inches long

Weight gain:  Last Tuesday I had gained 4 more pounds in 3 weeks.  I am starting weekly visits now so we will see if I have gained more weight tomorrow
Maternity clothes: yes!

Stretch marks?  yep. mainly on my thighs and upper leg area

Belly button in or out?  it's kind of funny.  it is poking out but really only toward the top half of my belly button.  my skin is pulled really tight at bottom of belly button due to my previous surgery.
Wedding ring on or off?  off :(
Sleep:  waking up every 2-3 hours.  boo
 
Best moment of the week:  adorable surprise gift in the mail from a very sweet person I met during my IVF journey.  Finally packing the hospital bag.  Need Rick's help to hang up 2 things in Hudson's room tonight then we will be finished!
Food cravings:   nothing specific
Food aversions:  none

Symptoms:  Still going to the bathroom a lot.  My fingers get sore and my right hand goes numb a lot....doc says it is mild carpal tunnel.  Feet were swollen HUGE a couple days this week but doing okay today.
Baby movement:  yes, lots! love it!
Gender:  BOY!

What I'm looking forward to:   getting the carseat in the mail. finishing the items on my "to do" list
What I miss:  sleeping through the night
Next appt:  tomorrow, July 17
What is baby doing this week?:  Fetal kicks may now feel more like a sliding motion as baby runs out of room; Bones are becoming stronger, though they are still flexible.  Baby is shedding most of the downy hair that covers his body as well as the waxy vernix caseosa.  Baby swallows these substances, along with other secretions; they will become part of the meconium he will pass during his first bowel movements.
 
picture is from yesterday....36 weeks, 2 days
 

1 comments:

Ashley and Taylor said...

Sleeping through the night is probably not gonna be in the picture for awhile. :) But at least waking every 2-3 hours right now can maybe prepare you for when baby is here? Waking up in the middle of the night now is a non-issue for me because I was so used to it from the pregnancy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...