Sunday, October 30, 2011

When the husband's away...

the wife will play.  And since I am past my days of hitting the clubs every weekend, my idea of "playing" is to spend time with friends, the dogs, & of course crafting!  Last weekend Rick was out of town & I had tons of fun & relaxation while he was gone.  {just a week late in getting this posted!  oops!}  Last Friday night I went to a Ray-Pec high school football game against Joplin.  The game was held at Arrowhead Stadium.  All profits will go to Joplin rebuilding efforts.  I was more than happy to help support that cause!  Extreme home make-over was at the game.  The show built 7 homes in 7 days in Joplin.  They did a live video chat with families during half-time.  It was pretty cool to be there.  The episode is set to air Jan. 20th.  Can't wait to watch!  After the game, the rest of the weekend entailed the scrapbook convention, nephew's football game, watching some Harry Potter movies {don't care what you think--LOVE the movies & will watch them over & over!}, photo editing, scrapbooking & sewing.   Here are some of the crafts I worked on while hubs was in South Dakota...





Love the nest my sister made.  We joked around & called it her "egg retrieval" (since I will be having one in a few weeks for IVF).   I attempted to make a couple camera strap covers but didn't get the measurements quite right & they were too small. So no picture until I get it right!  

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...