I tried to write an update yesterday, but just realized it never posted! Had a sonogram yesterday. Things are looking great! The eggs are too small to see on ultrasound, but the follicles can be seen. This is a fluid filled sac where the egg is growing. I had 13 follicles! They ranged in size from 10mm-15mm (most were 11mm-13mm). None are mature yet. That will be about a 20mm size. But the follies will continue to grow over the weekend! The average number at retrieval is 11-12 follicles. {so yay! I am above average!} This doesn't mean that I will have 13 babies though:) Not all follicles will have an egg & not every egg will be mature & ready to fertilize. I was told that about 70% will be mature. On top of that, not every egg will fertilize. Not every embryo that fertilizes will continue growing. SO....that means for now I am happy with lucky number 13! And we will see in a few days how many are retrieved!
My blood work levels continue to be normal thankfully! One thing to look for during an IVF cycle is to make sure that the ovaries do not over stimulate.
I will have another sonogram Monday morning. After that I will know more about exactly when egg retrieval will be. I was told it is a 50/50 guess whether retrieval will be Wednesday or Thursday.
Thanks for your continued prayers & support! Will have more news on Monday!
Serving 16 Sweet 16 Tennis Club Party
-
Sweet 16 tennis party with pink and green decor, poolside backdrop, custom
treats, and stylish Serving 16 party details.
The post Serving 16 Sweet 16 Ten...
3 months ago


3 comments:
I had 13 follies, too. When they extracted them, I ended up with 9 eggs. And two of those 9 eggs are now 16 week old growing babies. It's so cool to think that some of your "future children" are in those follies right now. Again, I wish you the best of luck and am praying for a positive outcome! XX
I had to get on just to see if you had posted any updates!
I got excited reading this...so happy everything is going good and I will keep you in my prayers!! :)
Thank you both so much!! I am incredibly excited. Wendy, I pray I am as blessed as you are! I'm even going to put on some green nail polish for my retrieval this week:)
Post a Comment