Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thursday's "eggs-travaganza" !!

It's official!  I am scheduled for egg retrieval 6:30am Thursday morning.  Woo hoo!  Today's sonogram showed 14 mature follies (follicles).  I also had a couple borderline mature, so its possible that by Thursday's egg retrieval I could have a couple extra follicles.  So what's next? Well, tonight Rick will give me an HCG shot in my rear end:) {I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about this!}The shot has to be given exactly at 8:15pm.  Tomorrow I will have the day off from all shots. yay! Then Thursday morning we check in at 6:30am.  I will have anesthesia through an IV.  The egg retrieval takes about 30 minutes.  My RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) will guide a needle into my ovaries and aspirate (suction out) the fluid and eggs.  This will immediately go to the lab where the lab will figure out how many mature eggs I truly have.  A little bit after retrieval, the eggs will be fertilized with Rick's sperm.  And then we wait! I will get daily phone call updates on how the embryos are growing. If we are blessed enough to have embryos that make it to day 5, then we will have our embryo transfer on Tuesday Nov 22nd. 
 thank you all for your continued support & prayers! I will update more after our egg retrieval!

3 comments:

Chastity Abbott said...

Oh my goodness!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! :)

Guiri de California said...

I hope your transfer goes well today! Wishing you all the luck in the world! Now visualize those embryos setting up house in your cozy womb! XX

Guiri de California said...

Oops...I misread-it's your retrieval today. In any case, I hope it all goes well, which I am sure it will. :)Keep us posted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...